Due to the winter storm forecasted by the National Weather Service for tomorrow, Thursday February 16, District 117 will be conducting an E-Learning day to ensure our students are safe from possibly hazardous travel conditions. All students should stay at home and participate in E-Learning using their Chromebook starting with their first-period class tomorrow at 9:20.
Other Activities Impacted:
- All before school and after school student activities are cancelled.
- ACHS You Make a Difference Breakfast is cancelled and will be rescheduled.
- All athletics practices and competitions scheduled for Thursday 2/16 are cancelled.
Details of Student E-Learning Due to Weather:
- E-learning days follow the Monday late start schedule with classes starting at 9:20 AM.
- Students will be expected to attend their classes synchronously, through Google Meet, at the scheduled time as if they were attending school in person on a late start Monday.
- Lunch period study halls and regular study halls will not meet on these days.
- Students who are unable to attend the Google Meet will be marked absent and should have their parent or guardian call them in as absent.
- Students who do not attend the Google Meet should follow up with their specific teachers via email to receive directions for make-up work as soon as possible.
- If applicable, students shall complete learning activity assignments for e-learning by the following day they return from an e-learning day.
- Students must have their cameras on unless otherwise instructed by the teacher. If a student cannot meet this request, he/she must communicate with the teacher.
- All school rules will be in effect during the e-learning day.
Complete information regarding the D117 E-Learning Plan for weather days can be found at this link: https://www.chsd117.org/page/student-remote-e-learning-plan