Dear Junior and Senior students and their Parents/Guardians:
The District continues to implement mitigation measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. To that end, in order to promote social distancing during students’ lunch period, we are opening the campus during the lunch period for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year to allow eligible juniors and seniors the privilege of leaving campus for their lunch period.
In order to be permitted to participate in Open Campus Lunch, junior and senior students and their parents/guardians must review the terms below and complete the Open Campus Junior/Senior Lunch Permission Form and return the form to the School District. Participation in the open campus lunch program is completely optional and not required. If you are interested, please fill out the Open Campus Waiver form and return in to the dean's office before April 14th, 2021.
In order to be eligible for Open Campus Lunch, students must meet the following criteria:
- A student must be a senior and have 18 credits or a junior with 12 credits;
- A student must maintain C’s in all classes to remain eligible;
- Students must not be under any school imposed disciplinary restrictions or consequences.
Open Campus Lunch Program Rules
- Students eligible for Open Campus Lunch must comply with the following rules. Students who do not follow these rules are subject to disciplinary consequences, including but not limited to, loss of Open Campus Lunch privileges.
- Parents/Guardians of junior and senior students (unless the student is at least 18 years old) and the student must complete and return the Open Campus Lunch Permission Form.
- Students are expected to follow all school rules, the Student Behavior policy and the student handbook while on and off campus during Open Campus Lunch. Violations of school rules, the Student Behavior policy or the student handbook may result in discipline including, but not limited to, loss of Open Campus Lunch privileges.
- Having multiple passengers in a vehicle is discouraged due to COVID. However, in the event more than one student (who is eligible and authorized to participate in Open Campus Lunch) is in a vehicle, masks must be worn by all passengers.
- No student will be released to or be permitted to be picked up by anyone During Open Campus Lunch other than a parent/guardian.
- Students may not spend their lunch period sitting in vehicles or driving around the school campus.
- Students must leave within five minutes of when the assigned lunch period begins and return before the end of the lunch period. Students who are late to their class immediately following their lunch period more than two (2) times will lose Open Campus Lunch privileges.
- Students may not bring food from off site into the school buildings.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a responsible manner and be respectful to homeowners, merchants, and their properties.
- Students are expected to use designated entrances upon exiting and entering the school for Open Campus Lunch. Upon a student’s return to campus after Open Campus Lunch, the student must remain in the designated areas of the building to allow for social distancing until the passing period begins. [ACHS: Auditorium hallway, LCHS: Main Entrance foyer]
- Students must present their current school ID card to staff upon exiting and entering the Building for Open Campus Lunch.
- If a student has forgotten his/her ID, he/she must stay in the cafeteria on that particular day.
- Students may not allow their ID card to be used by other students.
- Students may not transport ineligible students off campus during Open Campus Lunch. This includes underclassmen, students forgetting their ID, those who have not turned in permission slips, those who have been restricted due to disciplinary measures or who are not otherwise eligible or permitted to participate in Open Campus Lunch.
- Students will be expected to abide by all public roadway guidelines including the appropriate use of crosswalks.